Sometimes in life, the most dramatic changes can be the easiest to make happen. Whereas the more subtle changes take more dedication and consideration. Losing weight is no exception, nor is keeping it off easy, even if you have recently undergone a body sculpting procedure. The decisiveness and dedication that you exhibited by taking the first step into regaining control of your life and looking and feeling the way you want to with the aid of a procedure is something that will take care to maintain. Here are five things that you can do to help you take control of how you look:
- Healthy Diet - Please don’t mistake this for eating low-calorie food. Instead, look at as giving your body all that it needs to increase overall vitality and help give you the boost to go the extra mile for what you want. Be sure to get a physician and a specialist’s opinion on what would be the optimal diet for your body make-up.
- Exercise Regularly - Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean that you have to dedicated days to pumping iron and cross-training. You and your physique will benefit from a schedule throughout the week that will raise the heart rate and get the blood pumping, not over exerting yourself with reps of pain and long recovery times.
- Reduce Stress - Practice meditation and other stress-reducing techniques that will allow your mind and body to focus on itself for a while. Also, this entails knowing when to say “no” to obligations that are tax your time and mental health. Try to leave work at the workplace and find time to do what excites or elates you, especially sleeping.
- Stay Hydrated - Drinking water is very important to our bodies and how they function by helping to boost your metabolism and lessen the amount of potential intake of empty calories. There is also an element of tricking yourself into feeling full and not as hungry by drinking a glass of water before a meal. Hydration reduces a person’s body mass index (BMI), waist size, and body fat. So if you had liposuction, drinking water can keep that body fat off.
- Stay Active - This is more of a change of lifestyle rather than just a single step. For instance, if you have the choice of stairs or an elevator take the stairs, walk/bike or drive walk or bike, and standing some of your workday as opposed to sitting the whole day through. It will become an overarching theme in your life that will inspire you to “go that extra mile” in everything that you choose or have to do, especially looking and feeling your absolute best.
Undergoing body contouring is a great springboard that can help to kickstart a vital change in yourself both physically and mentally. Changing your destructive ways can be easier when you are protecting an investment that you have taken on yourself, both monetarily, but more importantly, emotionally. Follow these five things and your body maintenance will improve both in your body and mind.
Why wait any longer?
Call today to set up your FREE Consultation with one of our Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, and get one step closer to the look you're waiting for!